Goodyear was established in 1917 with the purchase of 16,000 acres of land by the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company to cultivate cotton for vehicle tire cords. WWII was important to Goodyear in the 1940s as the current Phoenix Goodyear Airport was built, but after the war, the economy suffered. Goodyear became a town on November 19, 1946. At the time, it had 151 homes and 250 apartments, a grocery store, a barber shop, beauty shop and a gas station.
|All Listings||Under $100,000||$100,000 - $200,000|
|$200,000 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000|
|$500,000 - $600,000||$600,000 - $700,000||$700,000 - $800,000|
|$800,000 - $900,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000||Over $1,000,000|
More About Goodyear
Luke Field Auxiliary #6 (Goodyear Field) was built by the United States Army Air Forces in 1943. It served as a satellite airfield for Luke AAF. According to the History of Luke AFB, this airfield boasted the most facilities. It had separate buildings for crew chiefs, operations, supply, barracks, pit latrine, crash truck shed, generator shed and a control tower. Luke AF Auxiliary #6 ceased operations by 1971.
Although Goodyear was founded in 1917, the majority of construction and population growth happened after 1990. 22 communities that are completed and under construction have a total area of approximately 20,000 acres.
Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. All information should be verified by the recipient and none is guaranteed as accurate by ARMLS. ARMLS Logo indicates that a property listed by a real estate brokerage other than RE/MAX Renaissance. Copyright 2019 Arizona Regional Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on March 19th, 2019 at 3:32am MST.